Eee pc Asus 701 4G

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eee pc Asus 701 4G

Post by theoperator on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:55 pm

I Love ChaletOS! Running it on my old Toshiba A9 laptop and it has really breathed fresh life into it after using "mint" for a few years.

I have an Eee pc 701 that I'd like to get up and running with ChaletOS, however it only has a 4gig SSD. I also have a permanent 16gig SD card in the built-in card reader. Usually, this configuration is enough to install most linux OS, but with ChaletOS I keep getting error message during install saying the Eee pc is out of disk space.

I send install /home on the SD card and sometime include a swap partiton. All that is sent to the primary SSD drive is / and boot loader.

Can anyone suggest a fix or work around? I'm out of my depth with this!

Thank you!
theoperator

Back to top Go down

Re: Eee pc Asus 701 4G

Post by theoperator on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:28 pm

I sort of got thing working by installing /home, /usr and /var to partitions created on the SD card.  However, I'm encountering errors when I try to install packages and archives...

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/...

...and obviously cannot proceed with download.  I also had trouble shutting down - I was returned to the user sign-in menu?

I suspect the problems are all related to the SD card partitions not being read?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks ;-)
theoperator

Back to top Go down

Post by theoperator on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:07 am

I think I've solved my own problem with this. I re-installed Chalet giving eeepc's entire 4Gb ssd drive to /. On the 16Gb sd card I created partitions for /home (8gb), /var, swap and /usr. Because /usr seemed to be the partition that was filling up quickly, I gave the /usr partition 4gb to manage the load.
theoperator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum