How to show the window titles on DockBarX?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to show the window titles on DockBarX?

Post by cosmicdan on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:41 am

Hi,

Just recently installed latest ChaletOS, moved over from Kubuntu. As someone who usually uses Windows but relies on Linux for development, this is a nice distro that I hope to keep!

I'm wondering, though, how to show the window titles on the window list panel i.e. DockBarX ala Windows 7 instead of just the icon? I have looked at it's config (Right Click > Properties) and Googled for a solution to no avail. I am guessing this is a customization made by ChaletOS itself - I considered removing and purging dockbarx but am worried that that would loose some good stuff that I want to keep.

Thanks!
cosmicdan

Back to top Go down

Re: How to show the window titles on DockBarX?

Post by James Tobin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 am

open xfce panel switcher (search the menu) and switch it from docbar x to xfce default.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmicdan on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:51 am

James Tobin wrote:open xfce panel switcher (search the menu) and switch it from docbar x to xfce default.

Perfect, top support! Minor correction though - changing to "CharletOS-default" was the one that solved it.

I'm quite surprised nobody has asked how to do this before. Anyway, thanks again!
cosmicdan

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:36 am

no problem, also sorry for getting the name right, i was on mobile, not on chaletos lol!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum