How can I Use 3 SSD's in Raid0 to install Chaletos onto

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How can I Use 3 SSD's in Raid0 to install Chaletos onto

Post by sparks79 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:47 pm

My m/b is Gigabyte GA-H97-Gaming 3 , with 32gb Ram, 3x 120gb Samsung Evo SSD's, onboard Video etc.
When I Try to install Chaletos with the Raid Setup in the Bios, the install Fails at the end.
Now I have read somewhere that you can use Mdadm to setup raid after Chalet is installed.
This seems to me to be defeating the Purpose of the raid for my setup , which I think that the O/S would gain the Speed from being installed and Running from a Raid0 Array.
I am new to linux, being a windows user for the last 26 years and there are a lot things I am used to in windows and am having trouble understanding in linux.
At present I only have windows 10 setup and no linux.
So I would like to Wipe Windows and Setup Raid0 Ready to install Chaletos onto the Raid.
Could some kind person please tell me How to Do This.
There are a lot of other things about linux I don't understand and if I can't sort them out I think I may have to give Linux a Miss and stay with windows.
Like, How to Create a Desktop Shortcut to Gmail and Gmail Contacts, I spent Days on this and still can't do it.
And during the install it suggests downloading Updates, that's ok but Language Packs, why , I only use English.??.
And a Password for every bloody thing, when I am the only user of my PC , Having to use Password for every dam thing I do is beyond the joke.
I am only 68 years young so please be easy on me.
sparks79

Back to top Go down

Re: How can I Use 3 SSD's in Raid0 to install Chaletos onto

Post by James Tobin on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:56 am

gah this forum bot keeps not notifying me right. I didnt mean to miss your post. something is wrong with it Sad

I dont know much about raid, let me find someone who does.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum