Toshiba Kira

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toshiba Kira

Post by mbald43883 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:25 am

Hi everybody, I have tried other Linux products, Mint Redhat, Ubuntu and other that I don't remember.

This distro looks good however I don't know if this will work on my laptop, can anyone advise.

I have looked at forums and unclear to me.

I'm tired on windows.
mbald43883

Back to top Go down

Re: Toshiba Kira

Post by James Tobin on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:42 am

The latest download should work on almost any laptop. Toshiba sometimes gives issues with flash drive boot though for any OS, I recommend using rufus in dd mode to write it and be sure to use GPT option with rufus on WIndows.

The installation will be exactly the same as an Ubuntu installation. Therefore, you can use online Ubuntu instructions to install Chalet OS. This is because Chalet OS uses the same installer as Ubuntu.

Let me know how it goes. I hope Chalet OS works well for you!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by strider on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:31 am

James Tobin wrote:I recommend using rufus in dd mode to write it and be sure to use GPT option with rufus on WIndows.

are these recommendations valid for installing on any computer?
if PC doesn't have UEFI, I believe it will not boot from GPT. Though not sure what rufus does with flash drive when GPT option is chosen.
strider

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:32 am

If you do not have uefi than you can use just about anything lol. That would include rufus in mbr mode, dd in terminal (linux), unetbootin (windows and linux) or really anything. BIOS is very adaptable and works very well whereas UEFI is inadaptable and hard to get anything to boot.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum