Changing Tray Icon Color in ChaletOS?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Changing Tray Icon Color in ChaletOS?

Post by asciiman on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:13 am

Hi folks-
This is probably an easy one, but I haven't found the answer yet.

I installed Pithos Pandora client into ChaletOS 16.04 and while Pithos 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 both behave well in Chalet, the Pithos notification icon is a symbolic black icon when I use any of the Emerald Icon sets (which I really have come to prefer).

But when I use the Elementary icon theme, I get a very clean Pithos notifier icon in the tray which actually seems almost consistent with the look of the Emerald theme icons.

I have looked high and low through the icon folders of Pithos, looked in the Elementary and Emerald theme folders, looked at the Pithos .config file...  can't seem to find what I need to bring the Pithos "P" icon into the Emerald theme.  I copied/pasted the desired icon into the ChaletOS Emerald Soft theme, but no joy.

As another option, I would be happy to just find the symbolic black Pithos icon that is presently used by Emerald (in the first pic) and find a way to reverse the color to white.

Any help or tutoring would be welcome!

Best,
Allen
asciiman

Back to top Go down

Re: Changing Tray Icon Color in ChaletOS?

Post by James Tobin on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:24 am

alright, so I tested pandora and I did not see a change icon feature unfortunately. Thing is the icon I got was totally different. That was with the chalet os default theme (16.04).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by asciiman on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:51 am

Hi James-
That was Pithos client (not Pandora).

http://pithos.github.io/

Yes, I was using the default theme, but it doesn't seem to matter.  Here, on any of the Emerald themes, I get that same black icon in the tray.

Thanks for your reply!
asciiman

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:52 am

sorry, yes it was called pithos. pandora was the softwre developer. I got mixed up.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:53 am

I'm sorry to say that I don't know that you could do anything. Some themes want to wreak havok and others don't.

James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by asciiman on Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:07 am

James Tobin wrote:Thing is the icon I got was totally different. That was with the chalet os default theme (16.04).

Hi James-
Yes, Pithos 1.1.2 has a different icon than 1.1.1.

I am still looking over the icons and the Pithos application scripts to see if I can change the notifier icon it grabs.

To me, it looks like the Chalet Default (dark panel) theme changes the icons to "symbolic" but the symbolic icon is assuming a light panel alpha... just a thought.

asciiman

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:45 pm

you could change the icon for the .desktop in /usr/share/applicatoins. You'd need to be running thunar as root.

James Tobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum