"Start menu" text? and random musing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Start menu" text? and random musing.

Post by Nanda on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:48 pm

So, this is really sort of a "polish" aspect for me.. but I'm not sure what the terms for things are for linux just yet.

The "start menu" on the bottom left, where it says ChaletOS? I think it would be awesome if I can change it to ChronOS. I don't know why, it just occurred to me sitting here in class. Is this even a thing I can change with this OS?

I also notice some folders in my file system are blocked from access. I assume this is since Chalet is aimed for newer Linux users, and like with Windows, program files and system32 tend to be hidden/locked. Is this for the same purpose, to protect us from ourselves? Haha.
Nanda

Back to top Go down

Re: "Start menu" text? and random musing.

Post by Nanda on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:33 am

Well, it was as easy as right clicking and selecting properties. I hadn't even tried. Whelp!
Nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:30 am

to change start menu text right click the start menu and hit "properties". Then there is a text box under "Title" where you can change the text on the start menu.

Also folders other than /home/username are locked from the user. To be able to use them search 'thunar' and there is a "Thunar File Manager (administrator) application that runs your file manager as super user. However I don't recommend you do this unless you know what you are doing. Fiddling around with those files can damage your system!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum