HDMI and TV

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HDMI and TV

Post by Trevor on Tue May 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Has anybody hooked their ChaletOS up to a big screen TV via hdmi? If so, how did it go?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
One Day At A Time
Trevor

Back to top Go down

Re: HDMI and TV

Post by Olde_Toad on Fri May 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Mine works as designed. I have a 47 in. JVC TV. I have a Nvidia GTX 750 Ti Video Card installed on my Desktop. Remember, if your connecting to a Desktop Video Card, you will be using PulseAudio. You might have to fiddle with the "configuration settings" in pulseaudio if you don't get sound out of the box. With mine, I have to change the port. By default, it shows mine "UN-Plugged". If you're using a Laptop, I'm of No Help. Don't own one..Don't want one. LOL. I see no reason why it shouldn't work on a Laptop. I've had mine running now for 3+ yrs. in various ubuntu DE, mostly Xfce.

Also, depending upon your system, you might have to disable HD onboard audio in the BIOS.

Hope this helps. It would have been easier to explain if you had revealed your system type.
Olde_Toad

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:16 am

I just did yesterday. It does not autoconfigure by default but you can change that in display settings. If you dont enable 'autoconfigure displays' before plugging in the monitor then you will have to after plugging it in go to display settings and configure the monitor correctly Very Happy

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum