Update Warning

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update Warning

Post by greyden34 on Tue May 17, 2016 12:46 pm

After recently installing Chaletos I have a warning in the update notifier that reads, " The update information is outdated. This may be caused by network problems or by a repository that is no longer available. Please update manually by selecting 'Show updates' from the indicator menu and watching for any failing repositories."

So I do as directed and click on 'Show updates' then after a few seconds a small window appears that reads, " Your software is up to date".

Please help if you can. What does this warning mean and how can I correct whatever is wrong?
greyden34

Back to top Go down

Re: Update Warning

Post by James Tobin on Tue May 17, 2016 10:02 pm

Your update information (repositories) are outdaded but your software is up to date according to current repos. Updating repositories is easy:

1. open terminal
2. run "sudo apt-get update" hit enter.
3. type password. characters will not appear which is fine. hit enter.

then to force another update you can optionally use "sudo apt-get upgrade".

Hope this helps! Wink Very Happy

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by greyden34 on Wed May 18, 2016 12:55 am

Thank you for your response, James.
I noticed when I ran the command that I am informed the google algorithm is weak. Perhaps that is the cause for the warning I am receiving. I will keep an eye on it and post back if it continues.
Thanks again.
greyden34

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin on Wed May 18, 2016 3:52 am

you're welcome Very Happy

Note that if you are connected to a proxy you may be lacking ssl certificates. That could cause such issues. If you aren't connected to a proxy you should be good!

Wink Very Happy

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum