Are there any hot keys for sound controls?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are there any hot keys for sound controls?

Post by danielson on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:23 am

For some reason, the volume button on my Logitech headset does nothing on ChaletOS.
So, i was wondering, is there an app or some hidden options or configurable hot keys in Chalet that allow you to mute, increase or decrease volume?
danielson

Back to top Go down

Re: Are there any hot keys for sound controls?

Post by BroDan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:21 am

Hi danielson...about hot keys, that's something I'm unsure of.

I ran into a similar situation a long time ago, so let's see if this might possibly solve your issue.

Please note that I'm not on my ChaletOS computer right now, so I'm doing this from memory. Embarassed

1. Make sure your headphones are plugged in...

2. In the main menu, go to the Multimedia category, and click on PulseAudio Volume Control.

3. In the window that pops up, click on the Output Devices tab.

4. I think there is a "Port" designation. Next to "Port", there should be a drop-down list that will show your output options when you click on it; such as, Speakers and Headphones.

5. With your headphones plugged in, does it show something to the effect of "Headphones (plugged in)"?

6. If it does show that, click on that option.

7. There should be 3 icons right above where you've just clicked. One of them will look like a speaker icon. That icon can mute the headphones or take them off of mute.

It's possible that the headphones are muted, but the computer speakers aren't muted. Try clicking that speaker icon to see if you get sound from your headphones.

Hopefully, that will fix your problem. Smile
BroDan

Back to top Go down

Post by danielson on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:32 am

Oh, i'm getting sound from the headset, it's just the sound control button on the Logitech headset that Chalet doesn't respond to.

So, instead of having to click somewhere on the taskbar to increase/decrease/mute headset sound, i was looking for some shortcuts to fill that gap (something like what LinuxMint can do = assign hotkeys or key strokes for those functions).
danielson

Back to top Go down

Post by BroDan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:53 am

Oh...I'm sorry.

There is a way to add keyboard shortcuts using the Keyboard application, but I'll be honest...I don't know how to do it.

The Keyboard application is found in the Settings category of your menu. I found this article, but it's not much help...the Xubuntu/XFCE section of the article is what applies to Chalet...

http://from-mac-to-xubuntu.tumblr.com/post/46071458416/keyboard-shortcuts-to-control-volume-in

I apologize for not having the answer you're looking for...I just don't know what the commands would be to enter for the shortcuts.
BroDan

Back to top Go down

Post by danielson on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Not a problem Bro!

If i can dig them out on the web somewhere, i'll post findings here.
danielson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum