How to add another conky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to add another conky?

Post by dancaer69 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Hello,
I installed chaletos yesterday and I tried to add another conky instance in autostart, but it doesn't start and causes the configured conky from ChaletOS style changer to don't start also. If I open the style changer the conky is selected and starts if I press the apply button and I can start my custom conky from terminal too.

EDIT:
If I instead put a script which starts my conky after some seconds, then my conky starts but the configured from style changer still doesn't start. If I start it via apply button, then it starts but kills my conky instance.
dancaer69

Back to top Go down

Re: How to add another conky?

Post by Dai_trying on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:07 am

What I have done is created a script to start my conkies and then changed the startup manager item named "Start ChaletOS desktop clock(Start only one ChaletOS desktop clock and system monitor)" in "Settings -> Session and Startup -> Applications Autostart" to point to my script and everything runs peachy Smile
Dai_trying

Back to top Go down

Post by bluphoenyx on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:14 am

You could also do this through the control panel settings. Look for an icon called 'Session and Startup' There is a tab for application autostart that provides great control for this function including the ability to add scripts, conkys or whatever is required every time the desktop restarts.
bluphoenyx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai_trying on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:36 am

Yes, The reason I change the "Start ChaletOS desktop clock(Start only one ChaletOS desktop clock and system monitor)" is to prevent the standard .conkyrc from being started as well as my personal conkies (which I moved to another folder).
Dai_trying

Back to top Go down

Post by James Tobin on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 am

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only good thing about Windows is that it never gives you any terminal illnesses.
Needless to say, Terminal illnesses are the only problem with Linux.
James Tobin

https://tobinbridge.zohosites.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum